*Symptom: You are experiencing TCP/IP and/or other VPN related
issues with Windows XP SP2 and SSL.
Cause: There is a known coding issue with Windows XP SP2
which causes problems in multiple VPN-related programs.
Resolution: Microsoft has made a fix for XP SP2 and the SSL
1. Go to:
2. Select Download and Continue.
3. Select No, do not validate Windows...
4. Click Download
*Symptom: ActiveX requirements
Cause: Running in Windows mode requires ActiveX to be installed
and enabled in the user's browser. It also requires Power User or
Administrator rights on the machine in order to install the ActiveX
Resolution: These settings can be found and verified using
the instructions in the document: ActiveX won't work in my Internet
Explorer browser: http://na-db01.okla.seagate.com/helpdesk/itselfhelp.nsf/Special/ID/NT000009B6
*Symptom: User logs into SSL, but cannot get to any internal
1. Possible spyware infection.
2. Incorrect login mode.
3. Corrupted software
4. Temporary issue with the gateway
1. Install and run Spybot Search and Destroy:To remove any spyware
on the computer.
2. Attempt to connect in another network mode. Network Connect mode is default; Windows mode is an alternative.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Juniper Network connect client with the following steps:
a. Open the Windows Control panel. Go to Add/Remove programs. Look for and remove any application called Juniper Network connect.
b. Reboot the computer when finished.
c. Go to the http://ssl.seagate.com
website and login. This will re-install the client. After re-connecting, you should be prompted to accept a software installation. Accept this installation to proceed.
*Symptom: "Windows Connect" mode does not support
NetMeeting or PING commands.
Resolution: Use "Network Connect" mode when logging
Note: If you experience any problems
contact your local helpdesk for assistance.
Back to home page